A Peek-a-boo into YouTube Analytics and its predecessor Insight
• Discover the videos that drive the most views as well as subscriptions.
• Get a better idea of your content and audiences, with the aid of more detailed information.
• Make use of the new audience retention report and find out how far a video has been watched by the viewers.
• Access detailed information with utter ease and get to see the key information in no time.
That is what YouTube Analytics is all about. If experts are to be believed, this one is far better than its predecessor, Insight. Therefore, it should come as no surprise that this application has caused a stir on the net and has already become the talk of the town. As per the latest reports to have poured in, veteran YouTubers have also gone gaga over it. In fact, many of them claim that those who haven’t used YouTube Analytics yet would be swept off their feet, once they give it a shot.
Nevertheless, the predecessor in question, YouTube Insight was released way back in March 2008. This tool gained popularity almost instantly, because of the following reasons:
• It was free. That is more than enough of a reason to attract the users in the first place, isn’t it?
• Anyone could easily view detailed statistics pertaining to the videos uploaded by him/her. All that was needed was this tool and of course a YouTube account.
Over a period of time, a lot of new features were added to YouTube Insight. These features have been enlisted below for you to refer to:
• Discovery tab
• Demographics tab
• Hot Spots tab
• Community tab