Effective Strategies for E-Commerce Product Page SEO
It’s crucial to optimize the eCommerce product page.
A fully optimized page not only attracts traffic but also brings maximum exposure and improves conversion.
What factors should you consider to optimize your product page? And what should you do and what not for the best SEO practices?
Keep reading to find out the answer. But, before this, understand what the product page is.
What is an e-Commerce Product Page?
eCommerce product pages are the most important part and the perfect place for conversion on your site. They inform users about your product’s features, and benefits and entice them to buy from you. The information on the pages can include sizes, colors, shapes, manufacturers, prices, and more.
To optimize a product page for better SEO results and growing sales, uncover the Dos and Don’ts of eCommerce SEO.
Dos of Ecommerce Product Page SEO
Implement Solid Keyword Strategy
Keyword strategy is among vital parts of eCommerce SEO and it starts with keyword research. While researching for keyword phrases, focus on product-related topics that users are searching for, relevancy, and what actually will convert. Don’t just concentrate on volume.
Remember that if someone is looking for a specific product like ‘Legion 5i Pro Gen 6 (16” Intel) Gaming Laptop,’ it strongly shows they are ready to purchase it due to the detailed nature of their keyword.
Optimize Image Names & Alt Attributes
When you add images to your product page, name them and include keywords in the name. Also, fill out the ALT attribute with a brief, keyword-rich description of the image.
Optimize Titles & Meta Descriptions
Title tags and Meta descriptions play a decisive role while optimizing product pages. Include details like the product’s brand, name, model number, and other important information if any.
In the below image, Lenovo has done a great job by including the most important features in its Title tag and Meta description.
The brand has also used structured data for highlighting reviews with star ratings and prices which leads us to the next step.
Write Product Descriptions
eCommerce SEO providers focus on writing compelling and engaging product descriptions because it helps consumers make informed buying decisions. So, while writing, make sure your descriptions are engaging and contain the necessary information about products.
Use Structured Data
Structured data is important for SEO. it’ll make it easier for Google to understand what your pages, products, and your website are about.
Click to learn the Importance Of Structured Data For SEO
Share Real-time Consumers’ Reviews
Always remember to share genuine customer reviews to help people get a better idea about your product. This builds trust and provides unique, fresh content Google craves. Just remember to mark them up with a schema review.
After all, product pages with customer reviews convert more than 55% of visitors in comparison to their review-free counterparts, according to search engine journals.
Check Landing Pages
Testing landing pages is another task for successful eCommerce product page SEO. Use the Optimize tool to check landing pages.
These tools help you find the slightest variations so that you can fix them at the earliest. Changing the location of your call to action, for example, could drive more conversions.
Add FAQ Section
Do remember to include an FAQ section with answers to questions users generally ask. This allows your customers to find the information they are looking for.
Reduce Page Load Time
Reduce the page load time to enhance user experience. Fast page load makes your content appear in front of your target audience faster.
Audit Product Pages
Auditing eCommerce product pages helps you find the changes needed to make your website strong enough to compete online.
Don’ts of Ecommerce Product Page SEO
- Don’t Copy Manufacturer’s Product Descriptions: Don’t copy the production descriptions from the manufacturer’s website. It badly impacts your ranking. Instead, write unique, fresh product descriptions, highlighting features, benefits, prices, etc.
- Don’t Create Duplicate Title Tags & Meta Descriptions: Each product page on your eCommerce site must have a unique title tag and Meta description. So, don’t create duplicate ones as it will reduce your keyword rankings.
- Don’t Use Flash On Product Pages: Avoid Flash on product pages because it is not supported by most browsers and search engines are unable to read it. Using flash means your content will be invisible to spiders.
- Don’t Use Automated Optimization: Avoid automated optimization and include important information in titles using targeted keywords. Create unique descriptions for Meta tags and products as automated descriptions badly impact CTR.
- Don’t Use Redirects: Avoid redirects on your product pages as it will be confusing for both users and search engines.
- Don’t use URL Parameters: URL parameters cause issues with indexing. It is; therefore, better to avoid them on your product pages. If you need them, include a canonical tag on each page that can point to the original page.
- Don’t Delete Out-of-Stock Pages: If your page has high traffic and ranking, don’t remove out-of-stock pages. Instead, provide links to similar products on the site till the product is back in stock.
- Don’t Use Wrong Structured Data: A wrong structured data type can put you in trouble. Moreover, the search engine will not crawl through your page. This will reduce traffic and sales. So, always create the right structured data.
- Don’t Use Weak Call to Action: Either use the right CTAs or don’t use them entirely. Keep your ‘call to action’ clean and straightforward to drive sales.
- Don’t Optimize Pages for Low-Volume Keywords: Avoid using low-volume keywords for your product page optimization. Think twice like customers. Research and use available data to come up with rich keywords that increase traffic.
- Don’t Miss Backlinks and Internal Linking: Don’t miss opportunities for internal linking and backlinks. A good SEO company not just builds links to homepages and category pages but also product pages as it improves visibility, revenue, and sales.
- Don’t Show the Wrong Prices: Have the right pricing strategy to prevent any confusion for consumers. Product prices often change. So, keep updating the pricing details.
- Don’t Forget Mobile Optimization: Don’t miss to optimize your website for mobile devices. If you forget, you’ll lose a good number of potential customers.
The pace at which Google updates its algorithms, keeping a close watch on what you should do and what not is helpful in successful eCommerce Product Page SEO. Find the best and most reliable eCommerce SEO consultant for your retail store. The best marketing strategy by an agency can be of great support in optimizing product pages, thereby driving leads and turning them into sales.
- App Store Optimization
- Content Marketing
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- eCommerce SEO
- Google News
- Influencer marketing
- Law Firm SEO
- Online Reputation Management
- Onpage SEO
- Pay for Performance SEO
- Search engine top placement
- SEO Video Optimization
- Yahoo News